CSK vs DC Dream11 Grand League Team, Team News: IPL 2019 | Qualifier 2
The second official knockout match of IPL 2019 will be played between the reigning and three-time champions Chennai Super Kings and a team which has literally risen from the ashes this season the Delhi Capitals.
— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) May 9, 2019
Stakes would be high and both teams will put everything on the line to book a final berth and set a date with Mumbai Indians in the finals which is scheduled to take place at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Hyderabad. The Delhi Capitals are coming into this encounter after registering their first ever knockout win in IPL history against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the eliminator by 2 wickets.
On the other hand, Chennai Super Kings winning run was once again halted by the Mumbai Indians who defeated them in their own backyard by 6 wickets to book a place in the finals. That loss was Chennai’s third straight loss to MI this season. They will look for a fresh start and shrug off their disappointments from the last game.
The last time when these two had a face-off, it was the reigning champions CSK who had the last laugh. Batting first, CSK scored 179 and then dismissed Delhi Capitals for a mere 99 to register an 80 runs win. Talking about the head-to-head battle, out of 20 encounters, CSK has won 14, whereas, Delhi Capitals have managed only 6 wins.
Here in this article, we have come up with some Grand League Teams depending on the current scenarios and match situations to help you win big with minimal investments.
When and Where:
CSK vs DC, Indian Premier League
Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
10th May 2019, 08:00 PM IST
The new hardball is relatively easy to bat with as the batsmen relish the opportunity to score runs at a good pace. However, as the ball stars gripping the surface the spinner come into play and make it tough for the batsmen to score freely.
Last five matches: (last to recent)
DC: W, W, L, W, W
CSK: W, L, W, L, L
- The form of Shane Watson is a bit of a concern for the team management. He hasn’t been in his top form and has been struggling to score runs.
- For the Capitals, Trent Boult’s form is a real worry as he has been taken to the cleaners in all the three games he has played lately and spilling runs with an economy rate of over 9.50.
- Chris Morris or Sandeep Lamichhane can be brought in place of Boult.
Delhi Capitals: Shreyas Iyer (C), Amit Mishra, Rahul Tewatia, Axar Patel, Colin Munro, Manjot Kalra, Chris Morris, Hanuma Vihari, Colin Ingram, Bandaru Ayyappa, Trent Boult, Sandeep Lamichhane, Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Sherfane Rutherford, Avesh Khan, Ishant Sharma, Keemo Paul, Ankush Bains, Harshal Patel.
Chennai Super Kings: M.S. Dhoni (c), N Jagadeesan, KM Asif, Dwayne Bravo, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Scott Kuggeleijn, Faf du Plessis, Ravindra Jadeja, Mitchell Santner, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Shane Watson, Dhruv Shorey, Chaitanya Bishnoi, Mohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar.
Probable Playing 11
Delhi Capitals: Shreyas Iyer, Colin Munro, Rishabh Pant, Keemo Paul, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Prithvi Shaw, Sherfane Rutherford, Axar Patel, Shikhar Dhawan, Trent Boult/Chris Morris/Sandeep Lamichhane.
Chennai Super Kings: Murali Vijay, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis, R Jadeja, Ambati Rayudu, Shane Watson, MS Dhoni, Imran Tahir, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar.
CSK vs DC Dream11 Grand League Teams:
#1: Spin assistance from the surface
As seen in the last game, the flow of runs drastically came down once the spinners got into the act. Here, we will go with some spinning options from the two sides.
#2: Team based on stats
- CSK’s skipper MS Dhoni has remained unbeaten in his last two innings against DC. He has scored 76 runs from his last two innings against this opponent.
- Suresh Raina’s averages around 30 against Delhi. He has scored 596 runs against this opponent from 24 innings. However, his only fifty against Delhi came in the previous encounter in Chepauk where he scored 59 runs.
- Amit Mishra has dismissed Shane Watson 5 times in the IPL.
- From 14 innings, Shane Watson has got 431 runs against DC across IPL. However, he didn’t open his account when the last time these two teams met.
- Deepak Chahar has bowled the most number of dot balls in this year’s IPL.
- In 22 matches, Harbhajan Singh has managed 22 wickets against Delhi.
- In his last 5 innings against CSk, Shikhar Dhawan has managed two 50+ scores. He is the leading run-getter for Delhi this season and has amassed 671 runs from 21 innings against this opponent.
- Rishabh Pant averages around 37 against CSK. he has one fifty to his name and has amassed 147 runs from 4 innings against this side.
- The last time when these two sides met, Shreyas Iyer the Delhi’s skipper was the top scorer with 44 runs. He averages 34.20 against this opponent.
- Imran Tahir took a 4-fer, whereas Ravindra Jadeja scalped 3 in the last meeting of Delhi and Chennai.
- Shreyas Iyer
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Rishabh Pant
- Axar Patel
- Amit Mishra
Chennai Super Kings
- MS Dhoni
- Imran Tahir
- faf du Plessis
- Harbhajan Singh
- Deepak Chahar