DC vs RR Dream11 Grand League Team, Team News: IPL 2019
In a quest to finish among the top two, the Delhi Capitals will take on the field on May 04th in their final home game of the season and their opponents this time will be the Rajasthan Royals.
The Royals have nothing to lose now as they are already out of the contention to enter the playoffs after their previous match got abandoned in Bangalore. They were on course of chasing 61 odd runs in 5 overs but rain played the spoiler and the match was abandoned with RR needing 23 runs from the final 2 overs.
Meanwhile, Delhi Capitals have already qualified for the playoffs and it took them 7 long years to do so. They were leading the points table until their last game where they succumbed to an 80 runs humiliating loss at the hands of the defending champions. They would be eyeing to come back to winning ways and carry the momentum into the playoffs.
The last battle between these two teams took place at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur where the Capitals courtesy Rishabh Pant’s blistering knock chased down a target of 191 runs with 6 wickets in hand.
Talking about the overall meetings between the two, in 19 encounters, RR have won 11 wins while DC have only managed 8 wins against their name.
When and Where:
DC vs RR, Indian Premier League
04th May 2019, 04:00 PM IST
Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi
The surface at the Kotla has been assisting the spinners pretty well this year. The spinners are getting ample amount of turn from the wicket and the slowness of the surface is helping them to do so. Batting is relatively tough here.
Last five matches: (last to recent)
DC: L, W, W, W, L
RR: W, L, W, W, NR
Head to Head (at KOTLA)
Total Played: 07
DC: 04 wins
RR: 03 wins
- RR skipper Steven Smith will not be available for the rest of the season as he has flown back home to join Australia’s preparatory camp.
- In a big blow to the Capitals, Kagiso Rabada who is the Purple Cap holder of this season will no longer feature in the competition this year after he sustained an injury in his lower back.
- Considering the nature of the pitch, both teams might go for some extra spinners.
Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane (c), Shreyas Gopal, Ashton Turner, Shubham Ranjane, Liam Livingstone, Sanju Samson, Prashant Chopra, Shashank Singh, Mahipal Lomror, Krishnappa Gowtham, Varun Aaron, Ish Sodhi, Jaydev Unadkat, Oshane Thomas, S. Midhun, Riyan Parag, Dhawal Kulkarni, Manan Vohra, Aryaman Birla, Rahul Tripathi, Stuart Binny.
Delhi Capitals: Shreyas Iyer (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Chris Morris, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Colin Ingram, Sherfane Rutherford, Axar Patel, Manjot Kalra, Avesh Khan, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Lamichhane, Trent Boult, Keemo Paul, Ishant Sharma, Bandaru Ayyappa, Rahul Tewatia, Colin Munro, Ankush Bains.
Probable Playing 11
Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane, Ashton Turner/Ish Sodhi, Rahul Tripathi, Liam Livingstone, Riyan Parag, Sanju Samson, Stuart Binny, Varun Aaron, Oshane Thomas, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat.
Delhi Capitals: Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Colin Ingram, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Chris Morris, Trent Boult/Sandeep Lamichhane, Amit Mishra, Jagdeesh Suchith/Ishant Sharma, Sherfane Rutherford, Axar Patel.
DC vs RR Dream11 Grand League Teams:
#1: Possible changes among the two camps
- Ashton Tuner or Ish Sodhi in for Steven Smith
- Rahul Tripathi in for Stuart Binny
- Sandeep Lamichhane for Chris Morris
#2: Team filled with spinners
Considering the surface of Kotla and the way it has behaved in this season of IPL, it is almost a surety that the spinners will get a lot of purchase from this track. Taking this fact into consideration, here is our next team.
#3: Going by the facts and figures
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 5 fifties so far in this IPL.
- Delhi’s skipper Shreyas Iyer’s has scored back-to-back fifties in his last
- two games here in Kotla.
- Sanju Samson has been timing the ball pretty well in the last couple of games.
- Ajinkya Rahane has scored 457 runs from 10 innings here in Kotla in his IPL career.
- RR leggy Shreyas Gopal has scalped 10 wickets from his last 5 outings which includes a hat-trick against RCB.
- Shreyas Gopal
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Riyan Parag
- Sanju Samson
- Liam Livingstone
- Jaydev Unadkat
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Shreyas Iyer
- Amit Mishra
- Rishabh Pant