IRE vs WI Dream11 Triangular Series Match Prediction | Ireland vs Windies
After the third match in the triangular series between the hosts Ireland and Bangladesh got abandoned, it is time to shift our attention to the fourth match which will be played between Ireland and Windies at the Village in Dublin.
The current scenario of the points table suggests, Bangladesh without a single loss to their name from 2 matches are leading the charts with a win and a no result game with 6 points against their name. Windies are placed second with a loss and a win from 2 games, whereas, the hosts Ireland are languishing at the bottom without registering a single win so far.
In this double round-robin format, each team is supposed to collide the other team at least twice, and the two teams finishing at the top two spots in the points table will collide against each other in the final which will take place on May 17 at the Village in Dublin.
The last meeting
Both Ireland and Windies collided in the first match of the series which was played at the Clontarf Cricket Club in Dublin, where the Windies openers Shai Hope and John Campbell record-breaking knocks humiliated Ireland by 196 runs.
Batting first, Windies put on a massive total of 381 on the board with the openers stitching a record 365 runs stand. John Campbell scored a belligerent 179, whereas, Shai Hope mustered 170 off 152 which included 22 fours and 2 sixes. The total was a mammoth one and Ireland perished under pressure as they could only manage 185 on the board in 34.4 overs.
Head to Head (last 5 matches)
Ireland won: 01
Windies won: 03
No Result: 01
Ireland vs Windies
Venue: The Village, Dublin
Time: May 10, 03:15 PM
Ireland vs Windies News
- Windies for the third match on the trot are expected to play in with their same eleven despite a blip in the last game. However, concerns over John Campbell still remains after he was dropped from the last game owing some issues on his back.
- Ireland didn’t play Boyd Rankin in the first game, he can be brought in for this game in place of Mark Adair who gave away 84 runs in his quota of 10 overs in the first match.
Ireland squad to face Windies:
William Porterfield (c), James McCollum, Stuart Thompson, Andrew McBrine, Tim Murtagh, Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker, George Dockrell, Gary Wilson, Kevin O’Brien, Boyd Rankin, Barry McCarthy, Andrew Balbirnie, Josh Little.
Windies squad to face Ireland:
Jason Holder (c), Jonathan Carter, Shai Hope, Sunil Ambris, Kemar Roach, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Roston Chase, Raymond Reifer, John Campbell, Darren Bravo, Ashely Nurse, Shannon Gabriel, Shane Dowrich.
IRE vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction
- Opener Andy Balbirnie is in a decent touch as he has mustered 271 runs in his last 5 ODI innings with a highest score 145* against Afghanistan.
- Kevin O’Brien got a 68 against his name in the last match. In his last 3 innings, he has scored 105 runs.
- After a long injury lay-off, George Wilson made a comeback in the last game against Windies and scored 30 runs.
- In his last three innings, Paul Stirling has accumulated 103 runs with 70 being his highest against Afghanistan.
- In his last 4 games, Barry McCarthy has taken 6 scalps.
- Shai Hope’s last two knocks have seen him scoring two hundreds. He scored 170 against Ireland and then went onto score 109 against Bangladesh. He has scored 4 centuries in his last 9 ODI innings.
- John Campbell missed out the last match with a back injury. If he plays he plays, he will bank upon his performance from the last game.
- Darren Bravo has not got much time in the middle. He has remained unbeaten twice out of his last 4 innings and his highest score in the last 4 innings has been 61 runs.
- The Windies skipper Jason Holder is one of the most formidable all-rounders currently, although his recent form is not that good as he has managed only 2 wickets from last 4 matches he has played and accumulated 34 runs with the bat.
If John Campbell is fit for this game