KXIP vs CSK Dream11 Grand League Team, Team News: IPL 2019
The first match of Sunday doubleheader which is also the last day of the league stages will see the table-toppers and the reigning champions Chennai Super Kings squaring-off against Kings XI Punjab each other for their second leg game. This match will be followed by the clash between Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders which will be a do-or-die affair for Kolkata.
This match will be played at the PCA Stadium in Mohali where CSK holds the upper hand over the home side by 3 matches to 2 from 5 encounters. There is nothing to lose for the Kings XI as their hopes of qualifying for the playoffs was shattered in the last game when they lost to KKR by 7 wickets. A consolation win is what they would be looking for and place some smiles on the faces of their home crowd.
The last battle between these two sides took place at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai where the home side Chennai Super Kings had the last laugh as they win an intriguing battle by 22 runs.
Talking about the overall battle between these two sides, CSK pip KXIP by 13 wins to 8 from 21 encounters.
When and Where:
KXIP vs CSK, Indian Premier League
PCA Stadium, Mohali
05th May 2019, 04:00 PM IST
Ample amount of pace and bounce will be offered from the wicket. With the boundaries being the longest of all the stadiums in the IPL it would be an interesting battle between both bat and ball.
Last five matches: (last to recent)
KXIP: W, L, L, L, L
CSK: L, L, W, L, W
- Over 30 changes in 13 games, the Kings XI Punjab will go for some changes in this game as well.
- With CSK playing away from home, it is prominent that Harbhajan Singh will be missing this contest.
- Shardul Thakur is the front runner to replace Harbhajan in CSK’s eleven.
Kings XI Punjab:
Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Mandeep Singh, Sam Curran, Murugan Ashwin, Nicholas Pooran, Agnivesh Ayachi, Simran Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Chris Gayle, Arshdeep Singh, David Miller, Harpreet Brar, Mohammed Shami, Mayank Agarwal, Ankit Rajpoot, Moises Henriques, Sarfaraz Khan, Karun Nair, Lokesh Rahul, Agnivesh Ayachi, Hardus Viljoen, Andrew Tye.
Chennai Super Kings:
MS Dhoni (c), Dwayne Bravo, Scott Kuggeleijn, Kedar Jadhav, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Murali Vijay, Karn Sharma, Shane Watson, Chaitanya Bishnoi, N Jagadeesan, Ravindra Jadeja, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur, Faf du Plessis, Mitchell Santner, Suresh Raina, Dhruv Shorey, Monu Kumar, KM Asif, Harbhajan Singh, Mohit Sharma.
Probable Playing 11
Kings XI Punjab: Ravichandran Ashwin, Mandeep Singh, Mohammed Shami, Chris Gayle, Arshdeep Singh/Ankit Rajpoot, Lokesh Rahul, Murugan Ashwin, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran, Andrew Tye/Hardus Viljoen, Sam Curran.
Chennai Super Kings: Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, MS Dhoni, Shardul Thakur, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Kedar Jadhav, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Imran Tahir
KXIP vs CSK Dream11 Grand League Teams:
#1: Possible changes among the two sides
- Shardul Thakur in for Harbhajan Singh
- Hardus Viljoen for Andrew Tye
- Ankit Rajpoot for Arshdeep Singh
#2: Considering the nature of the wicket, pacers friendly team
The surface at the PCA Stadium in Mohali generally offers assistance to the seamers rather than the spinners. Here is a team which will focus on the pace bowling strength of the two sides.
#3: Teams based on stats
- In 3 matches, Ravichandran Ashwin has scalped 6 wickets against CSK.
- Barring his last two innings, Chris Gayle has got three 40+ scores against CSK in his last 5 innings which includes a half-century as well.
- The last time when thes4e two sides met, KL Rahul scored a 50 which was his first half-century against CSK in the IPL.
- It looks like MS Dhoni loves to play against KXIP. His last three scores against KXIP are 79*, 16* and 37*. He averages 53.18 against this opponent.
- Suresh Raina averages 40.36 against KXIP which includes 3 fifties and a century.
- In 7 matches, Imran Tahir has scalped 11 wickets against KXIP. He is on the second position or Purple Cap holders list this year.
Kings XI Punjab:
- Mayank Agarwal
- KL Rahul
- Sam Curran
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Chris Gayle
Chennai Super Kings:
- Deepak Chahar
- MS Dhoni
- Faf du Plessis
- Imran Tahir