The 2019-20 season of Women’s National Cricket League started in Brisbane yesterday and in the second match of the tournament South Australia Women will take on New South Wales Women in Adelaide tomorrow. New South Wales Women are the defending champions and are also the strongest team of this competition and are once again favourites to clinch the title. Both the teams are without their senior players but have many good young players and will look to start their campaigns on a winning note.
Match Details :
Match : NSW-W vs SAU-W, New South Wales Women vs South Australia Women, WNCL 2019-20
Date and time : 22 September 2019, 6.00 AM IST
Venue : Karen Rolton Oval, Adelaide
New South Wales Women Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. New South Wales Women are the defending champions and are also the most successful team of this tournament.
2. Alyssa Healy, Ashleigh Gardner, Erin Burns and Rachel Haynes have been rested ahead of the next week’s home series against Sri Lanka Women.
3. Maddy Darke is injured and unavailable for the selection.
4. All rounder Lisa Griffith will captain NSW-W in the absence of Alyssa Healy.
Expected XI :
Lisa Griffith (c), Lauren Cheatle, Sarah Aley, Phoebe Litchfield, Rene Farrell, Saskia Horley, Hayley Silver-Homes, Lauren Smith, Naomi Stalenberg, Rachel Trenaman, Tahila Wilson
South Australia Women Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. South Australia Women finished at bottom in the last season and have made some changes to their squad for this season.
2. Bridget Patterson has joined South Australia from New South Wales for this season.
3. Pacer Megan Schutt has been rested ahead of next week’s home series against Sri Lanka Women.
4. Suzie Bates is also one of the new signings for South Australia women for this season.
5. No player from South Australia women is injured for this match.
Expected XI :
Bridget Patterson, Suzie Bates, Tahila McGrath (c), Emma de Broughe, Eliza Doddridge, Annie O’Neil, Sam Betts, Alex Price, Amanda -Jade Wellington, Ellie Falconer, Darcie Brown
NSW-W vs SAU-W Dream11 Prediction :
Wicketkeepers : T Wilson
Batsmen : B Patterson, T McGrath, N Stalenberg
All rounders : S Bates, R Farrell
Bowlers : L Cheatle, S Aley, A Wellington, L Griffith, S Betts
Captain and Vice Captain :
Captain Suzie Bates or Lisa Griffith and vice captain Rene Farell or Bridget Patterson
Stats and facts :
1. New South Wales Women have won all their last 3 matches against South Australia Women in the ODI format.
2. Bridget Patterson with 262 runs at an average of 43.66 was the 5th leading run scorer in last season. Though she played for New South Wales last time.
3. Rene Farell with 17 wickets was the leading wicket taker in the last season.
4. Though Suzie Bates hasn’t been in good form in recent times but she is one of the best women players in the world and a good performance is just around the corner.
5. Amanda-Jed Wellington played in England’s women T20 league last month and was in good form there and picked up 8 wickets in his last 4 matches.