Today Match Prediction for PBKS vs RCB: Punjab Kings will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 26th match of IPL 2021 on Friday. The energy has been positive in the RCB camp, who have so far ticked all the boxes. They have only lost one game in 6 matches, sitting at second on the points table.
They are coming into the game on the back of a 1-run victory over the Delhi Capitals. Ab de Villiers played a sensational knock to guide the team to a respectable total and in the end, win the game. Punjab Kings, on the other hand, have had a rough patch so far. They have won 2 games and lost 4 thus far. They suffered a humiliating 5-wicket defeat at the hands of KKR in the last game.
The likes of Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran among others once again disappointed with the bat. It remains to be seen what changes will Punjab make to get its campaign back on track.
In PBKS vs RCB match prediction, let’s look into some important stats from teams and the players from both sides:
1. Punjab Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore have played against each other in 26 matches in IPL.
2. Punjab have won 14 games against RCB, while the latter emerged victorious on 12 occasions.
3. RCB though have had the wood over Punjab since 2018. In 8 games, RCB have won 6 times.
4. Ab de Villiers has scored 710 runs in 23 games against Punjab at a strike rate of 159.19.
5. Yuzvendra Chahal has picked 21 wickets against Punjab.
6. KL Rahul has scored 371 runs against RCB at an outstanding average of 74.20.
7. Mohammed Shami has claimed 9 wickets against RCB.
8. Harshal Patel has currently the most wickets in IPL 2021. He has taken 17 wickets in 6 games at an average of 12.
PBKS Playing XI (likely):
KL Rahul (c & wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Shahrukh Khan, Jhye Richardson/Fabian Allen, Chris Jordan, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
RCB Playing XI (likely):
Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Rajat Patidar, AB de Villiers (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Daniel Sams, Washington Sundar, Harshal Patel, Kyle Jamieson, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal
Standings on IPL points table:
Today IPL Pitch Report
If the last few games at this ground are anything to go by, the pitch is likely to be on the slower side. The batsmen will have to play cautiously to score a big knock. There will be swing on offer in the early offers, while the spinners will come in handy in the middle overs. With the due coming in the latter half of the game, both teams would look to bowl first upon winning the toss.
RCB have performed like champions this season. All the departments are performing well at the moment. Punjab Kings would have to perform really well to beat RCB on Friday. If you look at the recent performances of both sides, RCB are expected to win the contest comfortably.
Today IPL Match Score:
The team batting first is likely to score anything between 160 and 180.
Where to watch IPL Live Score and Stream:
The matches will be telecasted live on Star Sports Network. And, it will be streamed live on Hotstar and Jio TV.
PBKS VS BLR: Dream11 Fantasy Team