Australia will take on Afghanistan in the 39th match of the Cricket World Cup 2023. Australia beat England in the previous match and are placed third in the points table. On the other hand, Afghanistan beat Netherlands in the previous match and have kept their semi final hopes alive with that win. This should be an exciting match between these two sides.
When: 7 November, 2:00 PM IST
Where: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
TV Channel, Live Streaming: Star Sports, Hotstar
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Pitch Report
The surface here at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai has been very good for batting and there will be good pace and bounce on offer which can be exploited by pacers. The average score at this venue is 275. The last match at this venue saw India scoring 357 runs against Sri Lanka
Australia Playing 11
- David Warner
- Travis Head
- Steve Smith
- Marnus Labushagne
- Josh Inglis (wk)
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis/Mitch Marsh
- Pat Cummins
- Mitchell Starc
- Josh Hazlewood
- Adam Zampa
David Warner Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Hundred/ Fifties ||Batting Average |
|157 ||6825 ||15, 81, 104, 163, 11 ||22/32 ||46 |
Adam Zampa Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||Bowling Average ||Strike Rate |
|92 ||161 ||3/21, 3/74, 4/8, 4/53, 4/47 ||28.8 ||31 |
Afghanistan Playing 11
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w)
- Ibrahim Zadran
- Rahmat Shah
- Hashmatullah Shahidi(c)
- Mohammad Nabi
- Ikram Ali Khil
- Rashid Khan
- Azmatullah Omarzai
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Noor Ahmed
Rahmanullah Gurbaz Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Batting Average ||S/R |
|33 ||1192 ||10, 0, 65, 11, 80 ||38 ||87 |
Rashid Khan Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||WC 2023 ||Bowling Average |
|101 ||179 ||0/31, 1/50, 0/41, 1/43, 3/37 ||7 wickets ||18.6 |
AUS vs AFG Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Batsmen: Rahmat Shah, David Warner, Travis Head, Steve Smith, Ibrahim Zadran
All-rounder: Glenn Maxwell, Azmatullah Omarzai
Bowlers: Mitch Starc, Adam Zampa, Rashid Khan
Captain, Vice Captain for Small League, Head-to-Head contests: David Warner, Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Captain, Vice Captain for Grand League: Rashid Khan, Adam Zampa
AUS vs AFG Fantasy Tips
- Travis Head was outstanding in his return to the side scoring a century against New Zeland a few games back.
- Adam Zampa was impressive picking up three wickets against England in the last game. He has scalped 18 wickets in his previous four matches.
- Rashid Khan has an impressive record of 1267 runs and 179 wickets in ODI matches. He is a genuine wicket-taking threat.
- Rahmat Shah has scored fifty in his previous three games and can be a good pick for this match.
- Ikram Ali Khil struggled a lot in this tournament and can be left out against this opposition.
- Mohammad Nabi picked up three wickets in the previous match against Netherlands.
- David Warner continued his good form scoring 81 run against New Zeland following the century against Netherlands. He has two centuries in his previous four matches.
- Mitch Starc has a very good record in WC having picked up atleast one wicket in 24 out of the 25 matches he has played and the left arm pacer will be an automatic choice.
- Josh Inglis will be batting lower down the order and might not face much balls to have an impact. Hence avoid him for this match.
- Ibrahim Zadran has done well in this format and already has 4 ODI hundreds in his short career. He scored a fifty against Pakistan
Who will win Australia vs Afghanistan today match?
- Australia are expected to win this match
- Both sides have played a total of 3 matches in their 11-year ODI cricket rivalry. Australia has a 3-0 win/loss record over Afghanistan in these matches