England will be up against Pakistan in the 44th match of the Cricket World Cup 2023. England are sixth in the points table with two wins and two losses in six matches. On the other hand, Pakistan beat New Zeland by 21 runs via D/L method in the last game. This should be an exciting match between these two sides.
When: 11 November, 2:00 PM IST
Where: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
TV Channel, Live Streaming: Star Sports, Hotstar
Eden Gardens, Kolkata Pitch Report
The surface here at Eden Gardens in Kolkata will be a balanced one with good help for both pacers and spinners. It will get tougher for batting under lights here. The average score is 280. The last match at this venue saw India post 326 against South Africa.
Pakistan Playing 11
- Fakhar Zaman
- Abdullah Shafique
- Babar Azam(c)
- Mohammad Rizwan(w)
- Iftikhar Ahmed
- Saud Shakeel
- Agha Salman
- Mohammad Nawaz/ Usama Mir
- Shaheen Afridi
- Haris Rauf
- Wasim Junior
Babar Azam Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||100/50 ||Batting Average |
|115 ||5625 ||9, 50, 74, 18, 50, 10 ||19/ 29 ||56.6 |
Shaheen Afridi Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||BBM ||Bowling Average |
|50 ||99 ||3/45, 1/58, 5/56, 2/36, 1/66 ||6/35 ||24 |
England Playing 11
- Dawid Malan
- Jonny Bairstow
- Joe Root
- Harry Brook
- Ben Stokes
- Jos Buttler (c & wk)
- Moeen Ali
- David Willey
- Mark Wood/Gus Atkinson
- Adil Rashid
- Chris Woakes
Joe Root Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Batting Average ||Hundreds |
|169 ||6434 ||13, 0, 3, 2, 11 ||48.6 ||16 |
Adil Rashid Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||Bowling Average ||WC 2023 |
|132 ||192 ||2/38, 2/35, 0/39, 2/62, 3/42 ||32.71 ||9 wickets |
ENG vs PAK Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Jonny Bairstow, Mohammad Rizwan
Batsmen: Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Dawid Malan, Joe Root
All-rounder: Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes
Bowlers: Chris Woakes, Shaheen Afridi, Josh Hazlewood, Adil Rashid
Captain, Vice Captain for Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Joe Root, Babar Azam
Captain, Vice Captain for Grand League: Ben Stokes, Adil Rashid
ENG vs PAK Fantasy Tips
- Babar Azam scored fifty against South Africa and has an impressive record of 5616 runs in ODI. He will be a key batter in this match.
- Salman Agha has failed to make much of an impact in this format. Hence avoid him for this match.
- Rizwan has amassed 1995 runs in 70 ODI matches. He had smashed a sensational century against Sri Lanka
- Haris Rauf has been out of form and has proved to be expensive in the last three games. He can be left out.
- Abdullah Shafique has scored a half century against Bangladesh in the last game and also a half century against Australia earlier in the WC.
- Shaheen Afridi picked up three wickets against Bangladesh and will be a good captaincy pick in grand leagues.
- Joe Root has scored more than 6400 runs in this format at an average of close to 50. He has two half centuries in this WC.
- Harry Brook is a talented batter and scored a half century against Afghanistan. If he plays he can be tried in grand leagues
- Jos Buttler will be batting lower down the order and he can be left out if England are chasing.
- Dawid Malan scored a half century in the previous match against Australia and will be a key pick for this match.
- Adil Rashid will play a key role in the middle overs and did well against South Africa picking up two wickets.
Who will win England vs Pakistan today match?
- England are expected to win this match
- Pakistan holds the edge in these matches, having got the better of England on 5 out of 9 occasions. One match yielded no result. *Last Match Result: Pakistan won by 14 runs in the 2019 World Cup