New Zealand will take on Sri Lanka in the 41st match of the Cricket World Cup 2023. New Zealand lost their previous match against Pakistan by 21 runs via D/L method. They will be keen to bounce back. On the other hand, Sri Lanka suffered a defeat in the last game This should be an exciting match between these two sides.
When: 9 November, 2:00 PM IST
Where: M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
TV Channel, Live Streaming: Star Sports, Hotstar
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore Pitch Report
The straight boundary is 74 metres while the square boundaries are 67 metres and 61 metres respectively. 300 is the average score here and it looks very even. It looks dry but it’s a shiny surface. It isn’t going to take a lot of turn. Expect a lot of runs on it. The last game at this venue saw New Zealand scored 400 runs against Pakistan.
New Zealand Playing 11
- Devon Conway
- Rachin Ravindra
- Kane Williamson (c)
- Daryl Mitchell
- Tom Latham(wk)
- Glenn Phillips
- James Neesham/ Mark Chapman
- Mitchell Santner
- Kyle Jamieson/Lockie Ferguson/ Ish Sodhi
- Tim Southee
- Trent Boult
- Matt Henry is ruled out of the WC. Kyle Jamieson has replaced him.
Devon Conway Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Strike Rate ||Batting Average |
|29 ||1123 ||35, 28, 0, 20, 45 ||88 ||52 |
Trent Boult Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||WC 2023 ||Bowling Average |
|110 ||205 ||0/50, 3/77, 2/18, 2/45, 0/34 ||8 wickets ||23.8 |
Sri Lanka Playing 11
- Kusal Perera
- Pathum Nissanka
- Kusal Mendis (c)
- Sadeera Samarawickrama
- Charith Asalanka
- Angelo Mathews
- Dhananjaya De Silva
- Dushmanta Chameera
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Kasun Rajitha/ Dunith Wellalage
- Dilshan Madushanka
Charith Asalanka Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||50/100 ||Batting Average |
|48 ||1443 ||108,1, 22, 44, 25, 1 ||10/ 2 ||40 |
Maheesh Theekshana Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||BBM ||Bowling Average |
|33 ||49 ||2/44, 0/55, 0/49, 1/59, 1/42 ||4/25 ||26.8 |
NZ vs SL Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Sadeera Samarawickrama, Devon Conway
Batsmen: Kusal Mendis, Kane Williamson, Daryl Mitchell, Charith Asalanka
All-rounder: Angelo Mathews, Rachin Ravindra
Bowlers: Trent Boult, Dilshan Madushanka, Tim Southee
Captain, Vice Captain for Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Devon Conway, Charith Asalanka
Captain, Vice Captain for Grand League: Trent Boult, Dilshan Madushanka
NZ vs SL Fantasy Tips
- Rachin Ravindra has been terrific in this World Cup having smashed a century in the previous match against Pakistan. He also scored a century against Australia and England.
- Dilshan Madushanka is the leading wicket-taker in this WC with 21 wickets. He picked up five wickets against India a few matches back.
- Pathum Nissanka is a talented batter and has scored four half centuries in this edition. He has amassed 330 runs in this WC
- Samarawickrama has amassed 372 runs in this tournament and also scored a century against Pakistan in this WC.
- Kusal Mendis smashed a century against Pakistan and looked in sublime form with the bat. He scored 72 runs in the opening match against South Africa
- Kasun Rajitha has not been able to make much of an impact in this WC and can be left out.
- Angelo Mathews is an experienced batter and has a good record in this format. He can be tried in Grand Leagues.
- Daryl Mitchell scored a century against India earlier in this tournament and will be looking to continue his good form.
- Devon Conway will open the batting and scored 150 in the opening match against England. He has scored 277 runs in this WC.
- Mitchell Santner is the leading wicket taker for NZ in this tournament with 14 wickets in 8 matches.
Who will win New Zealand vs Sri Lanka today match?
- New Zealand are expected to win this match
- In 101 One-Day International matches, New Zealand and Sri Lanka have played each other. 51 times, New Zealand has prevailed, whereas 41 times Sri Lanka has triumphed. Eight matches concluded without a conclusion, while one resulted in a draw