Romania will take on Malta in their sixth match of UEFA EURO Qualifiers at home in Ploiesti tonight. Romania’s campaign began with a loss but they bounced back after that and remained unbeaten in the next three matches with two wins. In the last match against Spain they suffered a narrow 2-1 loss and now will have to bounce back once again. On the other hand, Malta is looking completely clueless right now as they have lost all their last 4 matches and it will not be easy for them to beat this Romania side in their own backyard.
Match Details :
Match : ROM vs MLT, Romania vs Malta, UEFA EURO Qualifiers
Date and Time : 8 September 2019, 9.30 PM IST
Venue : Llie Oana Stadium, Ploiesti
Romania Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Romania is currently sitting at 4th place in the points table of group F with 7 points from 5 matches (2 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw).
2. Nicusor Bancu and Cristian Ganea are out due to injuries.
3. Alexander Chipciu who missed Spain game due to suspension, should return to the playing line up.
4. Cristian Sapunaru has retired from international football earlier this month.
5. No player from Romania is suspended for this match.
Expected XI –
GK : Tatarusanu
DF : Benzar, Nedelcearu, Chiriches, Grigore
MF : Tosca, Deac, Marin, Chipciu
FW : Puscas, Keseru
Malta Team News and Expected Playing XI :
Team News :
1. Malta is currently sitting at 5th place in the points table of group F with 3 points from 5 matches (1 win, 4 losses).
2. Malta team doesn’t have any injury concern.
3. No player from Malta is suspended for this match.
Expected XI :
GK : Bonello
DF : Z Muscat, Agius, Borg
MF : Mbong, Fenech, Vella, Corbalan
FW : Grech, Nwoko, R Muscat
ROM vs MLT Dream11 Prediction :
Goalkeeper : Bonello
Defenders : Grigore, Nedelcearu, Benzar
Midfielders : Muscat, Fenech, Marin, Chipciu
Forwards : Nwoko, Keseru, Puscas
Captain and Vice Captain :
Captain Claudiu Keseru and vice captain George Puscas
Stats and facts :
1. Form guide (last 5 matches)
Romania – L, W, D, W, L
Malta – L, L, L, L, W
2. Romania have scored 12 goals and conceded 7 goals in the 5 qualifying matches.
3. Malta have scored only 2 goals and conceded 12 goals in the 5 qualifying matches.
4. Malta didn’t score a single goal in their last 4 losses.
5. Most Goals and Assists for Romania in this EURO Qualifiers –
5 – Claudiu Keseru
3 – George Puscas
1 – Ciprian Deac / Alexandru Chipciu / Florin Andone / Dennis Man
2 – D Grigore / Claudiu Keseru / N Bancu
1 – R Marin / A Chipciu / G Puscas
6. Most Goals and Assists for Malta in this EURO Qualifiers –
1 – Kyrian Nwoko / Steve Borg
1 – P Fenech
7. Romania beat Malta by 4-0 in the first round match of this EURO Qualifiers.