South Africa will take on Australia in the 2nd semi-final match of the Cricket World Cup 2023. South Africa beat Afghanistan in the last game are placed second in the points table. On the other hand, Australia are placed third in the points table and have won their previous seven matches consecutively. This should be an exciting match between these two sides.
When: 16 November, 2:00 PM IST
Where: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
TV Channel, Live Streaming: Star Sports, Hotstar
Eden Gardens, Kolkata Pitch Report
The surface here at Eden Gardens has been a balanced one and there will be good pace and bounce on offer which can be exploited by pacers. The average score at this venue is 275. The last match at this venue saw Englands scoring more than 300 against Pakistan while batting first.
South Africa Playing 11
- Quinton de Kock(wk)
- Temba Bavuma (c)
- Rassie van der Dussen
- Aiden Markram
- Heinrich Klaasen
- David Miller
- Marco Jansen
- Kagiso Rabada
- Keshav Maharaj
- Lungi Ngidi
- Gerald Coetzee/ Shamsi
Aiden Markram Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Batting Average ||S/R |
|64 ||2061 ||25, 9, 6*, 91, 60, 42 ||37 ||99.4 |
Kagiso Rabada Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||Bowling Average ||Economy |
|100 ||156 ||0/40, 1/48, 1/42, 1/38, 2/56 ||27.37 ||5.08 |
Australia Playing 11
- David Warner
- Travis Head
- Steve Smith
- Mitch Marsh
- Josh Inglis (wk)
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- Pat Cummins
- Mitchell Starc
- Josh Hazlewood
- Adam Zampa
David Warner Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Runs ||Last 5 performance ||Hundred/ Fifties ||Batting Average |
|159 ||6896 ||53, 15, 81, 104, 163 ||22/33 ||46 |
Adam Zampa Stats in ODI
|Matches Played ||Wickets ||Last 5 performance ||Bowling Average ||Strike Rate |
|93 ||163 ||2/32, 3/21, 3/74, 4/8, 4/53 ||28.8 ||31 |
SA vs AUS Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klassen
Batsmen: Mitchell Marsh, David Warner, Travis Head, Aiden Markram
All-rounder: Glenn Maxwell, Marco Jansen
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc
Captain, Vice Captain for Small League, Head-to-Head contests: David Warner, Aiden Markram
Captain, Vice Captain for Grand League: Adam Zampa, Kagiso Rabada
SA vs AUS Fantasy Tips
- Quinton de Kock is in good form form having scored four centuries in this WC. He has 545 runs in seven matches.
- Heinrich Klassen smashed a century against England and backed it up with 90 in the against Bangladesh earlier in this WC.
- Aiden Markram smashed the fastest century in the history of World Cup of just 40 balls in the opening match against Sri Lanka. He backed it up with a fifty against Australia and also scored another fifty against Pakistan
- David Miller will be batting lower down the order and has not been able to get the big scores. Hence he can be left out especially if South Africa are chasing.
- Rassie van der Dussen scored a half century in the last game and can be tried in grand leagues.
- Josh Inglis will be batting lower down the order and might not face much balls to have an impact. Hence avoid him for this match.
- Mitch Marsh smashed 177 runs in the previous match and will be a key pick for this match.
- Mitch Starc has a very good record in WC having picked up atleast one wicket in 26 out of the 28 matches he has played and the left arm pacer will be an automatic choice.
Glenn Maxwell smashed 201* against Afghanistan and has two centuires in this WC. He will also contrubite with his off-spin.
- Travis Head was outstanding in his return to the side scoring a century against New Zeland.
- Adam Zampa was impressive picking up two wickets against Bangladesh in the last game. He has scalped 18 wickets in his previous four matches.
- David Warner continued his good form scoring 53 runs aagainst Bangladesh in the last game. He has two centuries in his previous seven matches.
Who will win South Africa vs Australia today match?
- Australia are expected to win this match
- Out of these 109 games, Australia have won 50 whereas South Africa have come out victorious on 55 occasions. 1 match ended without a result.
- South Africa defeat Australia in the group stage match of this World Cup.